The best way to clean is to take hours and do all of the nooks and crannies. However, that type of cleaning is not usually in the cards for most people. Work, family, kids (messes, sports, toys, neediness) can interfere with a full day of cleaning and often leave you feeling overwhelmed. That is why it is important to understand that a deep clean is not always a must. If you are a perfectionist, you may have a difficult time with that philosophy but it is time to put aside all that: Perfection is an illusion and not really possible.
Cleaning Areas That Are Most Used
If you look around your house, you can probably see the areas that are most often messy but here are some pointers:
- The kitchen counters and dishes may be the first place you see that needs a little attention. Wiping counters and the stove will automatically change the look of your kitchen. If you can take a few minutes and wash up those dishes and either load them in the dishwasher or dry and put them away, you will feel much better about this area of your home. While you are wiping, store any spices or other items in the proper place.
- After the kitchen is done, you can take a look around the house and pick up everything that isn’t in the right place. If you don’t have a place for things, this is something for a later day – organizing takes longer. You can use a basket to go around and collect things. Once you have a full basket, put each item in the right place.
- Next is the living room. Put the pillows on the couch, fold that soft blanket you used last night while watching tv, pick up glasses left on the end tables, put away the toys that might be littering the floor. Do a quick sweep or vacuum while listening to an upbeat song and this room of your house will be looking better in minutes!
- Bedrooms are usually a big problem. We tend to think of this as our sanctuary and just let it go. Grab a little time to just pick up dirty clothes, make the bed and put away your shoes. You will be amazed at the difference just this little bit of clean up will make in your sleeping place.
- Last but not least is the bathroom. Throw any make-up or toiletry items in a basket under the sink to clear off the countertops. The invention of cleaning wipes made cleaning a much simpler task. Wiping down counters, sinks, toilet and bathtub will make your bathroom look sparkling clean! Add in a quick swipe at the mirror and faucets with a window cleaner as well as a speedy clean-up with your handheld vaccum to remove hair and dust, and “voila”, clean potty-room!
If you find that a thorough cleaning doesn’t seem within reach, give Maidstr a call or use our convenient online booking page. We do one-time cleaning and regular cleaning. We would love to help!